FOODNAI and GDPR compliance.
This policy governs the collection, storage and use of personal information collected by FoodNAI, hereon referred to as “FoodNAI”, “we” or “us” in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
FoodNAI is the data controller of personal information that we collect from you and the lawful basis for processing your data is “contract” as we need your personal information in order to provide you with an FoodNAI account and the FoodNAI service.
2.Personal information we collect
We will usually collect the following information:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your phone number(s);
- Any other information you provide when registering, completing surveys, completing feedback forms or reporting a fault;
- Allergy, nutrition specific such as foods you’re allergic too, your health and lifestyle, favorite food and places to eat;
- Any email communication including attachments which you send to us;
- Any photos shared on our community pages.
3.When we collect your personal information
Information is collected when:
- You access and browse our website www.foodnai.com(the “Site”) including when you submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the Site);
- You access register for and use The app [FoodNAI];
- You engaging with us via social media;
- You share your business card with us;
- You contact our support team;
Our services are not intended for users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any
personal information from children under 13 or market to or solicit information from anyone
under the age of 13. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under 13, we will contact the user and delete the account including any related information as soon as possible. You hereby represent that you are at least 13.
4. Our Site and FoodNAI App
Your personal information that we collect, store and use is to make the Site and FoodNAI App available to you, in addition we will use your personal information to:
- Deliver an optimal user experience;
- Keep secure our Site, FoodNAI App and relevant IT systems;
- Continuously streamline processes and procedure;
- Determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns from us or 3rd party;
- Contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you;
In the above circumstances, we believe we have a legitimate interest in handling or processing your personal information and this does not infringe on your rights. We will collect, store and use your personal information where necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, if we:
- are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies;
- need to demonstrate our compliance with applicable law;
We also collect anonymous data about visitors to our Site and FoodNAI App for statistical and reporting purposes. As the data is anonymised, individual(s) are not identifiable.
5. Cookies of Course
Cookies are also used to remember users’ settings (e.g. language preference) and for authentication. You can refuse to accept or switch off cookies by activating the setting on your browser. However, by doing so you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
6.Where we store your personal data
Your person information is held on servers hosted by our Internet Services Provider. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
7. Sharing of your personal information
We will disclose information under the following circumstances:
- Sharing anonymous information generated by our service with clients/potential clients;
- Sharing information with 3rd party service providers for them to support us in the provision of our services;
- Responding to court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- If we are acquired by or merged with another company, we will need to transfer your information. If we are involved in a merger or acquisition, we will notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on our Site;
8. International transfers
9. How long do we keep your information for?
We will retain information (including personal information) about you for a period of up to 7 years from the date on which you last received services from us.
We will delete it after that time except where we need to keep any personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
10. Your rights
You have following rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- You have the right to access your personal information;
- You have a right to have inaccurate personal information rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- You have the right to have personal information erased;
- You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal information;
- You have the right to data portability, which will allow you to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services;
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- You right to automated decision making does not apply here because we do not make any automated decisions;
To exercise your rights or if you have any concerns please contact us at [email protected]